Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Organizing in a Tiny Space

Yesterday I shifted things around in my studio space (which is in the living room) and got everything much more organized! My husband found two stackable drawers at a yard sale that are perfect for the 2oz sized blocks of clay. Just wish I had 10 more of them! My daughter donated a little bookcase to my organizing cause as well as the wonderful enamel topped table. LOVE it! I just have to figure out the best way to store my canes and I'll be all set. Well... mostly set. There's always some wonderful thing that comes along that I 'need'!





Look at how clean my work table is! Time to get to work!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I just became your newest follower ~ Your workspace is wonderful with everything so at hand! I came across this article on storing canes and some of the comments had great ideas on storage. http://polymerclayetc.com/?p=99

    Your daughter's photography is awesome ~ My son is a photographer too.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy! Nice to meet you. Thanks for your comment! My work area is coming along. I'm thoroughly enjoying having everything within easy reach, yet semi put away. Somehow I still end up working in a 3" space on my work table!

    I was just looking at storage containers today. Office Max has a great piece... six large but shallow drawers, on wheels... buy two, get one free! A girl can dream! Maybe some day. Right now I have canes in a plastic container with a lid, separated with wax paper, and some that I've left laying on a piece of MDF board, covering them with wax paper to help keep them free of dust. But I'd prefer drawers and the video idea was fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing it.

    As you know, I was at your blog earlier today. I'll be visiting again... and again! I enjoyed the photo's of your workspace and had to show my husband a few of your storage ideas, as well as the photo of your bathroom days! Thanks for the giggle!

    Having a photographer in the family is almost as good as having a doctor, isn't it?! :)

    ReplyDelete