Wednesday, February 10, 2010

In Strong Arms

 
I did this drawing of my grandson, Caleb, being held in my husbands arms shortly after he was born. It always reminds me of being held in the Father's arms, safe and secure. Caleb is so relaxed and trusting, oblivious to the dangers of the world because he feels the safety and strength that holds him.

When the Lord calls us His children and says that of such is the kingdom of Heaven (Matthew 19:14) this is what I see. A child sure of his/her Father. A child free from the cares of the world. A child that trusts daddy to take care of them, love them and always do the best for them, even if it doesn't always feel like 'the best'. Especially when it doesn't feel that way! Hebrews12:11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. Chastening isn't punishment... it is loving guidance through life. It is the stuff that peace and righteousness are made of.

How often have I heard someone say they're being punished with much sorrow and self condemnation. Yet the Lord demonstrates the opposite. If we are being chastened, we have much reason to rejoice! It means we are His and He loves us and is growing us up, making us useful for His Kingdom. 

Psalm 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
         Try me, and know my anxieties;
 24 And see if
there is any wicked way in me,
         And lead me in the way everlasting.


Come as a child, trusting in strong arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment